What happened to taking pictures?
Oh, I remember-We don't stop getting snow. Ever. Everything looks ugly :(
It was Earth Day yesterday and I didn't even celebrate. I'm sad.
Tomorrow, I've decided I'm going to take photos. In the midst of moving & working every day of my life forever, I'm going to take photos. And they're going to be beautiful. So there.
Thursday, April 18, 2013
Life continues to be all sorts of "blah" here in Northwestern Ontario.
The snow NEVER ends. I'm looking out my window right now and it's grey and there are no leaves on the trees.. I can't find my photography inspiration. I'm sure there are loads of things I could snap photos of but when you're feeling uninspired, I-Phone photos will have to do.
I'm going to be starting a new feature when the sun starts shining (and I'm feeling more ambitious) where I pick a theme for the week and then I snap photos... so one week could be "coffee" and the next week could be "grass", etc. Stay tuned for that!! Hopefully the sun comes out eventually.
On another note, the photos you see above consists my life lately.
I start everyday off eating some yummy breakfast. I usually eat a massive breakfast in the AM otherwise my whole day is thrown off. Cereal is just one item pictured. I've also been heading to the gym a lot lately and slowly getting back to where I was with running. I hurt my calves so I had to stop for a while but now I'm just taking it slow and I'm able to run 5k in 36 minutes which isn't so bad!
Until next time!
Sunday, April 14, 2013
Sorry for the silence around these parts. I'm experiencing a serious case of Cabin Fever. The snow doesn't seem to stop coming down on us in Northern Ontario and it's awful! Everytime we have a nice Spring-like day, the next day we have a snow storm. People! I need sunshine!!!
Because my life is so uninspired lately, I figured I'd try and appreciate the small things. Here's what's making me happy lately:
1. Country music! Holy moly, the new country line up lately is killin' it!! Pirate Flag by Kenny Chesney?! Yes, please. I Do by Tim McGraw and Taylor Swift or Back Road by Rodney Atkins!! All so good.
2. Speaking of music, I've been a total gym-rat lately staying for way longer than what is healthy.. but I just don't want to stop running on that treadmill (I run after weight training so I tend to be at the gym for 1.5 hours... oops) I think what makes me love running so much is the music I've been listening to. I love running to Breakin' Dishes by Rihanna or Monster by Kanye West, Jay-Z & Nikki Minaj..makes me feel like a total bad-ass.
3. Candles! It really makes me our crappy basement apartment feel warmer.
4. While we are on the topic of crappy basement apartment, we are moving into a house in 3 weeks! I seriously can't wait. Things haven't been the happiest around here because when you have a family with toddlers and babies living above you, there's never any peace.
5. Having a glass of vino while reading magazines like Rachel Ray or Canadian Living :)
6. Getting back into the spirit of cooking!! I roasted a chicken last night and now I'm just trying to find something healthy to make for tonight!
7. Bad reality TV (Real Housewives, anyone?!) & HBO's Girls. I'm obsessed with these shows lately.. It's embarrasing. Obsessed enough to be bored of all my other shows like Greys & Vampire Diaries. Girls is justified but Real Housewives? I need to take a good, long hard look at myself.
Goodbye! I promise I'll have photos soon... I just need the sun to come out.
Tuesday, April 2, 2013
Spring seemed to make a quick appearance that lasted about a week.
I was over the moon with excitement when I saw that the snow was melting & the sun was shining! That was until Winter decided to be a big bully and dump a pile of snow on us this weekend. So much for Spring.
Alas, the snow is now gone and the sun is out again but with the icy winds & frigid temperatures, it still feels like Winter is going nowhere fast.
I'm craving an ice old Corona & a lake like you wouldn't believe. Spring and or Summer...please hurry!!