Thursday, June 13, 2013

At the Cabin Part IV






Reading: Right now, I'm reading the book "Wave" by Sonali Deraniyagala. It's seriously heartbreaking, guys. I had to put the novel down a few times just to sit beside myself and cry for a minute. It's a true written story about a woman who lost her whole family in the 2004 Tsunami in the Thailand area. It's about how she copes with her grief during the darkest time of her life. I definitely recommend it...especially if you like a heavy read (and by heavy I mean heartbreaking).

Listening to: A lot of country music!! As I write this I have a country music station from Galaxy Music. That's whats on the TV about 90% of the time. During the summer months, there's no other music for me besides country. It just screams warm weather!

Feeling Thankful: For my health, I think. For some reason, I had to think about this for a while. I feel healthier than I've felt in a very long time. I don't always feel that I look my best but that's just stupid female insecurities. But I'm in decent shape, I eat pretty well, I always have a healthy breakfast every morning and (usually) a healthy dinner. I try to snack as much as possible throughout the day and I hit the gym often. I haven't had a cold all winter (I've had almost colds but that doesn't count) so my immune system is obviously killer now. I attribute that to my active and healthy lifestyle and I'm super proud of it and definitely thankful.

Thinking About: Photography, always. With new sprouting vegetation & amazing nature and views, I'm loving my camera lately. I just wish it didn't die so fast & that I had a DSLR. One day, I'm going to splurge and purchase a camera for myself with a kick-ass lens. However, right now my Nikon point & shoot on manual will have to do. It takes some awesome photos, it's just a little bit harder to capture the picture I want. But it's worth it and requires a lot of hard work on my end.

Eating: Lots of egg whites & candy. I know, weird combination. I've never been a huge fan of eggs, especially omelettes. However, lately I've discovered removing the yolks and I'm obsessed now! Egg whites are so delicious and don't create that weird mushy texture you get when scrambling with a yolk. The only time I like yolks is when it's a fried egg (over hard). I LOVE EGG WHITES! Who knew?! However, I've had an annoying obsession with candy lately. I can't stop eating it and finding myself buying little candies almost everyday. Gross, I know.

Watching: I just (finally) finished The Office - the final season. I cried so much on the very last episode. It just broke my heart that I've been following along for all these years and now it's just over. I always get like that with final episodes of my fave shows. Plus the last episode just pulled at my heart strings. I'm also watching the Bachelorette for the first time ever and I'm obsessed. I find myself so involved with a few of the guys on the show that I'd like to see win. I love Zak W. He's so funny and I never would have expected to like him as much as I do. I also love Bryden..talk about a sweetie! And I like the guy who gave Des the daisy. I hated that guy before but as soon as that scene came on, he seemed super funny and laid back and I liked that :).

Bummed Out On: The fact that I can't afford to jet off once a month on a vacation, haha! I love to travel and I haven't been to any of the places I've dreamed of going. We're hoping to do some sort of all inclusive this winter and we are also headed to Halifax in September (if I can get the time off). So those are some travels to look forward to... however I'd love to go to a million and one places but it's just not in the budget right now. We really need to save so that's number one priority right now.

Loving: Summer in general. I love heading out to the lake or going out camping with my family. Or just in general spending a lot of time outside, having barbecues non stop, and catching up on reading! :)

Thanks to Danielle for the Currently post ideas.

Copy your link in the comments if you do these posts also! Have a great day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment