Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Things That Make Me Happy

abstract spring flowers abstract spring flowers abstract spring flowers

I need a little uplifting and normally I think "happy" lists are kind of silly (even though I'm 99.9% sure that I've posted them before) but today, I wouldn't mind a little reminder of all the things that make me smile & feel great. The hardest part is actually doing the things that make you happy.. isn't that so weird? What is holding us back anyway?


  • Yoga - I need to get my membership back. I've been saying that to my friends & family for way too long but I think it's time to actually get back on board. It's my missing puzzle piece for many reasons.
  • Cooking - It's hard right now because I'm forever working late shifts and can't be home for dinner, which makes me sad. I love cooking for John and even though sometimes my meals are a huge flop, I love getting creative in the kitchen and keeps me feeling excited.
  • Strength Training - Nothing in this world beats the feeling of "strong"! For a while, I was feeling in super good shape but lately that's not the case. Something about lifting heavier weights leaves me feeling empowered and content. I need to get back to that.
  • Reading - I'm not having much trouble this one as it's all I do these days. See my previous post for my Summer Reading List :) 
  • Writing - I kind of started this little personal project and was super pumped up about it - but then I started feeling uninspired and stopped working on it. I'd really like to start that back up again and see where it takes me.
  • Gardening - We don't really have a backyard so I started a tiny garden in hopes to spend more time outside. It's a lot harder than I thought and I don't exactly have a green thumb, but I want to spend more time taking care of the little girlies in the garden!
  • Watching more TV - I know this is hilarious but honestly, I love getting into a good TV show. It's always made me feel so happy & relaxed. I get super "fan-girly" and when I'm obsessed with a TV show, I'm going to make sure you're obsessed too!
  • Travel, travel, travel - My favorite thing in this entire world. I have so many places I want to visit and I'm working on making those dreams happen.
  • Photography, of course - This is a given & the whole reason I started this little blog. I love taking photos and now that I have this beautiful camera, I need to spend more time with it and find my inspiration again. I'm so glad I took photos at camp and have something to post to this little space.
  • Lastly, spending more time with family - I need to make more of an effort to see my family. I'm such an introvert that it's hard for me to go and see my parents or grandpa and I'd really like to change that for my own happiness & theirs. 

No comments:

Post a Comment